How to Open a PayPal Account
PayPal is an online payment system. PayPal is independent of any bank; money on your PayPal account is purely fictional money and therefore you cannot debit directly. PayPal, therefore, has no ATMs or bank buildings; the company operates entirely online. Yet it offers a solution for online payments. If you make purchases online, it is possible to transfer the money in real time to another PayPal account (different word for an account).
How To Open a PayPal Account?
Open PayPal account Opening a PayPal account or account is very easy and goes entirely via the internet. As mentioned earlier, PayPal has no physical bank buildings, so there is no other option either. Fortunately, it is all very simple and anyone can open a PayPal account, both business (as a company) or as a private person.
Go to the PayPal website to get started, where you click on the “Open account” button on the left side of the site. You will then see a page where you can choose between a business PayPal account or simply as a consumer / private individual. Note that with a business account you must submit various documents. They are properly checked for safety reasons.
After clicking on the “Getting Started” button, you must enter your personal details. They are only 10 entry fields. Then click on “Agree and open account”. Keep in mind that in case of doubt you have to read the conditions carefully and that you also have to be at least 18 years old to open a PayPal account.
Your account is immediately active. However, it is wise to link your account to your own bank account or to a credit card. That way you can deposit money into your PayPal account or make online payments – via PayPal – directly from your credit card or account. PayPal will debit this afterward, the online store or another recipient of the money will also see this during the transaction.
Information about PayPal
Information about PayPal Many people still have questions about PayPal. We try to answer the most frequently asked questions as well as possible. Do you have a question? Please contact us, we will gladly help you with all your questions and problems!
If You Want To Learn How to Make money with PayPal
Is PayPal safe?
Is PayPal safe? We can be very brief about this because PayPal is completely safe. The website uses a secure connection (SSL; Secure Socket Layer). You must also login with your e-mail address and password of your choice. Of course, it is wise to choose a long and complicated password that you do not use for anything else. Make up a handy hint to remember the password.
What are the benefits of PayPal?
- Open an account for free and online
- You do not offer buyer protection when trading online via Marktplaats or eBay
- Quickly transfer money to other PayPal accounts: completely real-time without human intervention
- Retrieve money within a certain period, if with good reason
- PayPal is a reliable company with sufficient capital and 230 million bills
- You can easily link your PayPal account to your own bank account number or to your credit card
What are the disadvantages of PayPal?
- Because PayPal operates via the internet, there are no bank buildings
- There are therefore no ATMs; you must first transfer money to your regular bank account
- As a seller, you have the chance that a buyer will recover money incorrectly; PayPal will always try to mediate in this to find a good solution for both parties
- PayPal is not for young people under the age of 18
- You pay for – almost – every transaction (transfer) a small fee (handling costs).